Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Friday, May 21, 2010

Revelations



Melissa de la Cruz


Published 2008


300 pages


Rating: A-


Synopsis (may contain spoilers for those who haven't read the first two books in the Blue Bloods series)


Have you ever wondered what secrets lurk behind the closed doors of New York City's wealthiest families? They're powerful, they're famous... they're undead.


Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question--is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.


When one of the Gates of Hell is breached by Silver Bloods in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high; the battle is bloody; and through it all, Carnavale rages on. And in the end, one vampire's secret identity will be exposed in a revelation that shocks everyone.


My review


Well I thought Masquerade was good but Revelations just brought things to a whole new level. I regret saying that I never really expected much of the Blue Bloods series but it did impress me and I simply cannot wait for the other books following The Van Alen Legacy to come out! The series is added to my favorites now for sure after this book. The book follows the characters on their ever lasting battle with the Silver Bloods or more particularly, Leviathan and Lucifer. Instead of Italy, the characters travel to Rio de Janeiro where history was made in the Blue Bloods society.


As for the characters, Schuyler, Jack and Oliver become even more tangled together than before and Bliss.. well don't get me started on her ;) I feel like Revelations was a huge turning point in the series. Their were so many secrets that were revealed about the characters, I couldn't believe it!


To finish, the book definitely exceeded my expectations. The twists and turns were never ending and the entire book had my heart racing. I seriously finished it so quickly because it was just that engrossing. My only problem with it would be the short lenght of the novel. Melissa packed everything together that it just all happened too fast for me all at once, especially near the end. Speaking of the end, I was mind boggled by what was discovered about a certain character. I never would of expected that. For those who read the series, I'm sure you know who and what I'm speaking of. Read it! The title of the book says it all.


-Marisa

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I was definitely surprised by some of the revelations in this book,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a big fan of Bliss either, although she has her moments where you think she'll become a nice person and then the moments are gone in a blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!